Silent moment for respect
Kristian Lahdensuo
2004-05-12 13:29:52 UTC
The guinea pig of mine died today totally suddenly. I noticed that it
had some kind of sore throat last night when it squeeked. And today it
was totally silent the whole morning. When I came to it, it was
grasping breath and lied on its food bowl. I took it in my hands and
it was immeadiately clear that it would die there in any minute, like
it had waited the whole morning for me to come look at it and die
then. I called the pet veterinary where I just a month ago took it to,
when it was ordered a vitamin diet. Its lower jaw was underdeveloped
and he couldn't properly eat, so they cut its overgrown teeth. The
guinea pig was in that vitamin diet during his last days.
Just few days ago it was lively and escaped couple of times from its
cage. It followed me around in the apartment. Always when there was no
carpet it ran the slippery floor as fast as it could. He hated bare
floors. During his last days he got a friend, a fly, that just I
posted about. Ironically I talk about their separation of sudden
death. I once catched the fly and thought about killing it, but then
decided to let it free.
I think Mörkö died quite painlessly. I caressed him and whistled at
him, and it was all over in few minutes. I tried to stimulate his
heart by rubbing its chest, but I think I broke one rib as I heard a
snap. The vet said that it's not dangerous. I have even once broken my
rib when a guinea pig hair flew in my nostril and I had to sneeze
violently in weird position I was in.
I sure will miss him, and tears come to my eyes when I think of him. I
god damn loved that little animal..
I even prayed God to make us to meet again in Heaven, where it would
follow me. I thought about reading the Tibetian Book of the dead for
him, if I had had one.
I actually can barely keep myself from crying.. I'm glad that it died
so suddenly, and didn't have to suffer much.

Here is a picture of him:

Here is noises made by him:
http://www.saunalahti.fi/~klahdens/Misc/morko.mp3

Here is the previous post about him:
http://groups.google.fi/groups?dq=&hl=fi&lr=&group=talk.bizarre&selm=b591162e.0405110441.7544ceda%40posting.google.com

Mörkö was the most funny, cute, not particulary smart but curious
about things, lazy -- best guinea pig one ever can have. He never
complained, except when hungry. He was my friend. God bless his soul.

If I find the fly I took it to Mörkö's burial and let it free there.
Sue Bilstein
2004-05-12 21:14:36 UTC
" "
" "
" ".
olivia
2004-05-20 10:43:18 UTC
http://www.saunalahti.fi/~klahdens/Misc/marsu1.jpg
http://www.saunalahti.fi/~klahdens/Misc/morko.mp3
http://groups.google.fi/groups?dq=&hl=fi&lr=&group=talk.bizarre&selm=b591162e.0405110441.7544ceda%40posting.google.com
Mörkö was the most funny, cute, not particulary smart but curious
about things, lazy -- best guinea pig one ever can have. He never
complained, except when hungry. He was my friend. God bless his soul.
If I find the fly I took it to Mörkö's burial and let it free there.
I so sorry for u Kris, your history is really trist.
I used also to have a pet. It was a cat (minou was his name). It
stayed with during 12years and last year, on April it has been injured
by a dog on stomach. Finally it died after many days of pain...It
didn't survive. I still missing it. May God blees its soul too.
Gatiep
2004-10-11 23:45:12 UTC
Hi
I can understand - I have sympathy for you!!!
It is really easy to love an animal - MUCH easier than people, they
don't stop loving you even when you are horrible to them.

Thank God for pets they can teach the world what our Love for each other
really should be more like.

Love n Light
Grant
kristian lahdensuo