???? AM I A CROOK ????
o***@colaik.com
2005-05-22 01:55:48 UTC
Collins & Aikman Products Corp.

Former CEO of the company David A. Stockman has quit his postion and given a tidy 20 Million Dollar going away present for his gallant efforts to ruin the company.
Shortly after his "retirement" the company is forced to file bankruptcy and now is on the verge of bringing the automotive industry to a grinding halt !!
Collins & Aikman owes millions of Dollars to small suppliers who can scarcely operate in this political environment and now the automotive supplier giant is taking them to the cleaners in bankruptcy !!
Previous CEO Jerry Mosingo was similarly retired several years ago and was promised payments on his retirement...... when these NEVER came he also filed suit against the corporate giant.

We here in the UAW would like to ask our fellow workers to petition their congressman for an investigation into Stockmans Financial affairs and those of His wife Jennifer, who is the Nation Co-Chairman for the republican Majority for Choice. and also a BlackStone Partner, former owners of Collins & Aikman !!
Stockman lives on an 11 Million Dollar estate on Conyers Farm Road in Greenwich Connecticut.
We in the UAW believe that Stockman has falsely represented his company and has dishonored his alliance with the UAW and should be made to forfit any bonus earnings while CEO.

Remember ..... the JOB you save could be your OWN !!!
Georgio
2005-05-22 02:20:47 UTC
Post by o***@colaik.com
[...]
god bless america (canada too... we have nortel here)

georgio
--
Traynor guitar mate '72
yamaha SA 800 with Dimarzio and gibson pickups
useless auto worker
2005-05-22 13:14:12 UTC
The UAW has been dishonoring their members at least the local 525 .. So I
don't see any difference here. Both are taking money's that are unearned and
undeserved. No wonder the American auto manufactures stocks are turning in
to junk.
Canola Oil
2005-05-22 16:28:52 UTC
Well said. If you were to look at the cost of a car, what would be the
estimated portion of labour cost? They're all holding the consumers
hostage; we're the real losers in all of this, not the union.
Bob Mann
2005-05-22 21:04:42 UTC
Post by Canola Oil
Well said. If you were to look at the cost of a car, what would be the
estimated portion of labour cost? They're all holding the consumers
hostage; we're the real losers in all of this, not the union.
Whatever it is that you make, sell, or have a hand in I think you
should make much less money so I can pay less for it.
--
Bob Mann

Before you critisize someone,
you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you critisize them,
you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Canola Oil
2005-05-23 09:02:50 UTC
It's not about making the EMPLOYEES money, it's about making the COMPANY
money and supporting the economy. Remember that without the company the
employee wouldn't have a job. Besides, the profit margin on a car is
extremely low. Employees often make more per car than the company does.
Most car companies make their money from financing and aftermarket parts,
not on the original sale itself. Coupled with the fact that our society is
far less educated due to unions guaranteeing life-long jobs to those who do
not have an education and are extremely lazy and the fact that union
employees earn far higher than market wages, produce about 1/2 of non-union
employees when on duty (about 2/3 less in total on average), produce
dramtically lower quality products, are more disgruntled, are absent due to
illness more frequently, have more on-the-job accidents, force companies to
over-hire so that they can work less and go on strike to hold the consumers
hostage is simply a disgusting situation and disrespectful of everyone
including themselves.

I know of many companies that were put out of business due to unions. There
are companies who don't want a union, so they give the employees what they
would get if they were in a union. These companies take alot of abuse at
the hand of union liars who push for even more. (Remember that unions come
from organized crime and the leaders are the ones who benefit the most - how
much does a striking worker earn?)

Where I come from hard work is appreciated and rewarded. Getting a good
education is considered very important and encouraged. Those who work
harder deserve more. Workers don't deserve more based on their union
status; that is absurd. The fact is that when business is left
self-regulating with a responsible government who polices their own laws
(that's partly what we pay them to do), wages are, on average higher all the
way around. Example: computer industry, non-union high-end foodservices
(Chefs make more in non-union shops), private health care professionals (not
support staff), etc.

Employees and companies are more respectful in my industry because the
employees aren't fighting to get more for themselves like pigs feeding at
the trough. Managers aren't in constant battle with workers - there is a
structure: workers are subordinate and respectful toward managers and tasks
are accomplished. A well respected worker in a safe, condusive environment
produces more and costs less in extra training, time-off, etc. And, there
are fewer accidents. When money is made it is spread around. Everyone is
mindful and respectful of the consumer who ultimately pays everyone's wages.
Bob Mann
2005-05-23 17:00:23 UTC
Post by Canola Oil
[...]
If the employees don't earn a decent wage who will buy the goods and
services.
You have an extremely one sided view of what unions do.
I have been a proud union member for almost 30 years and our union is
nothing like you portray.
If union members earn more than market wages then I feel sorry for the
non-union members who obviously earn far lower than market wages since
the "market" is simply an average. It's a good job somebody makes some
money or your economy would be in the shitter.
The fact is that unions help people and protect them from ruthless
employer practices and keep non-union companies honest by providing a
standard.
Unions generally exist in places where they are needed, for good
reason.
Post by Canola Oil
I know of many companies that were put out of business due to unions. There
are companies who don't want a union, so they give the employees what they
would get if they were in a union. These companies take alot of abuse at
the hand of union liars who push for even more. (Remember that unions come
from organized crime and the leaders are the ones who benefit the most - how
much does a striking worker earn?)
Bullshit. People can work with the union, they choose not to.
I have seen several close their doors as soon as the wmployees ratify
a union rather than try to deal with them.
Unions do not come from organized crime although some were
inflitrated. Unions are the workers themselves.
I have never been on strike in my life although it came down to the
wire a couple of times. The organization I work for was trying to take
away things we already had. Once the Union even worked with the
company to help lower costs, we took a wage rollback.
Our union also has a partnership with the organization to help fund
education for its employees.
Post by Canola Oil
Where I come from hard work is appreciated and rewarded. Getting a good
education is considered very important and encouraged. Those who work
harder deserve more. Workers don't deserve more based on their union
status; that is absurd. The fact is that when business is left
self-regulating with a responsible government who polices their own laws
(that's partly what we pay them to do), wages are, on average higher all the
way around. Example: computer industry, non-union high-end foodservices
(Chefs make more in non-union shops), private health care professionals (not
support staff), etc.
You obviously don't have a clue what you are talking about.
I thought you just said non-union workers make less money?
You can't have it both ways.
Post by Canola Oil
Employees and companies are more respectful in my industry because the
employees aren't fighting to get more for themselves like pigs feeding at
the trough. Managers aren't in constant battle with workers - there is a
structure: workers are subordinate and respectful toward managers and tasks
are accomplished. A well respected worker in a safe, condusive environment
produces more and costs less in extra training, time-off, etc. And, there
are fewer accidents. When money is made it is spread around. Everyone is
mindful and respectful of the consumer who ultimately pays everyone's wages.
I suppose you believe that unionized workers aren't mindful of the
customer?
Again I call bullshit.
Whatever product you are involved in, I want it cheaper.
Take a pay cut so I can save my money.

John Shaughnessy
2005-05-22 04:10:00 UTC
Wow. CEO runs comapny into shitter and leaves with a fat golden parachute.
Never heard that one beofre.
--
Learning funk bass? visit www.js3jazz.com/store.htm
Conservatives are not necessarily stupid,
OscartheGrouch
2005-05-22 20:15:27 UTC
Post by o***@colaik.com
[...]
Thanks so much for crossposting your shit to our little group. Now go die.