Osama Found Hanged
Stevie
2004-07-22 12:03:35 UTC
Don't download this. Looks like bad news for your computer. But if you do,
reply back and tell us what what it did :)
Osama Bin Ladin was found hanged by two CNN journalists early Wedensday
evening. As evidence they took several photos, some of which i have
included here. As yet, this information has not hit the headlines due to
Bush wanting confirmation of his identity but the journalists have released
some early photos over the internet..
http://24.13.130.125:89/OsamaFoundDead.zip
Noah Roberts
2004-07-22 15:58:55 UTC
Post by Stevie
Don't download this. Looks like bad news for your computer. But if you do,
reply back and tell us what what it did :)
***@bart nroberts $ ./Osama\ Dead.exe
-bash: ./Osama Dead.exe: cannot execute binary file

TD Madden
2004-07-22 20:19:30 UTC
Gotta love that *nix.
Juhan Leemet
2004-07-22 18:53:43 UTC
Post by Noah Roberts
Post by Stevie
Don't download this. Looks like bad news for your computer. But if you do,
reply back and tell us what what it did :)
-bash: ./Osama Dead.exe: cannot execute binary file
Heehee! ...and let that be a lesson to others?!?
--
Juhan Leemet
Logicognosis, Inc.
D.R.
2004-07-23 00:45:33 UTC
Post by Noah Roberts
Post by Stevie
Don't download this. Looks like bad news for your computer. But if you do,
reply back and tell us what what it did :)
-bash: ./Osama Dead.exe: cannot execute binary file
No try this:

-bash: wine ./Osama\ Dead.exe

Hopefully you have wine and that it's using your Windows partitions C:\windows
if you have one. And don't forget the backslash escape for the space in
filename. ;-)
Noah Roberts
2004-07-23 02:13:04 UTC
Post by D.R.
Post by Noah Roberts
Post by Stevie
Don't download this. Looks like bad news for your computer. But if you do,
reply back and tell us what what it did :)
-bash: ./Osama Dead.exe: cannot execute binary file
-bash: wine ./Osama\ Dead.exe
Hopefully you have wine and that it's using your Windows partitions C:\windows
if you have one. And don't forget the backslash escape for the space in
filename. ;-)
That is rather interesting. I wonder if wine could become infected that
way or if it could indeed infect a non-running windows.

NR

D.R.
2004-07-23 06:20:50 UTC
Post by Noah Roberts
Post by D.R.
Post by Noah Roberts
Post by Stevie
Don't download this. Looks like bad news for your computer. But if you do,
reply back and tell us what what it did :)
-bash: ./Osama Dead.exe: cannot execute binary file
-bash: wine ./Osama\ Dead.exe
Hopefully you have wine and that it's using your Windows partitions C:\windows
if you have one. And don't forget the backslash escape for the space in
filename. ;-)
That is rather interesting. I wonder if wine could become infected that
way or if it could indeed infect a non-running windows.
NR
Well, wine doesn't have all the Windows processes and services running, just the
program you attempt to run. However, there is an option to use your actual
Windows directory ie. on a Fat32 partition. If that partition is mounted rw,
then the test would be what happens the next time you boot Windows. :-)
Juhan Leemet
2004-07-23 06:33:26 UTC
Post by Noah Roberts
Post by D.R.
Post by Noah Roberts
Post by Stevie
Don't download this. Looks like bad news for your computer. But if you do,
reply back and tell us what what it did :)
-bash: ./Osama Dead.exe: cannot execute binary file
-bash: wine ./Osama\ Dead.exe
Hopefully you have wine and that it's using your Windows partitions C:\windows
if you have one. And don't forget the backslash escape for the space in
filename. ;-)
That is rather interesting. I wonder if wine could become infected that
way or if it could indeed infect a non-running windows.
Probably would infect stuff on your Winders partition(s). After all, the
infection is caused by running a script/program, which then goes and
modifies stuff by reading/writing to disk. That's exactly what wine
provides: the ability to run Windows script/program (which can read/write
to disk, hopefully only to Windoze partitions?). Beware!
(some might say it's a good thing to infect Windoze; excuse to wipe it?)
--
Juhan Leemet
Logicognosis, Inc.
Rick N. Backer
2004-07-23 18:39:22 UTC
On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 04:33:26 -0200, Juhan Leemet
Post by Juhan Leemet
Post by Noah Roberts
Post by D.R.
Post by Noah Roberts
Post by Stevie
[...]
While everyone is off jumping to contusions, I mean conclusions, I
downloaded this and did a virus scan. It's clean you according to
Norton. Anybody care to share a different experience?

Ken Wilson

Amer. Dlx. Tele, Gary Moore LP, LP Faded DC,
Jeff Beck Strat, Morgan OM Acoustic,
Rick 360/12, Std. Strat (MIM), Mesa 100 Nomad,
Mesa F-30

"Goodnight Austin, Texas, wherever you are."
Ant Moore
2004-07-23 19:01:59 UTC
Post by Rick N. Backer
While everyone is off jumping to contusions, I mean conclusions, I
downloaded this and did a virus scan. It's clean you according to
Norton. Anybody care to share a different experience?
Hmmm... you need to update (replace?) your Norton.

Trojan.Hackarmy.Q is the virus it missed.

Cheers, and regards,

Ant. (Tamworth, UK)
"Make me one with everything." The Dalai Lama at a hot dog stand.
Keith Adams
2004-07-22 18:27:47 UTC
I'd like to hang the mother fuckers who try to spread viruses with shit like this.Vlad The Impaler would come in handy when dealing
with such pricks.

Jim Anable
2004-07-22 19:34:13 UTC
Post by Keith Adams
I'd like to hang the mother fuckers who try to spread viruses with shit like this.Vlad The Impaler would come in handy when dealing
with such pricks.
Osama Bin Ladin was found hanged by two CNN journalists early Wedensday evening. As evidence they took several photos, some of
which i have included here. As yet, this information has not hit the headlines due to Bush wanting confirmation of his identity but
the journalists have released some early photos over the internet..
http://24.13.130.125:89/OsamaFoundDead.zip
The people who create and post these things are SCUM, but really... How DUMB to you have to be to fall for this? Maybe if it was your
first week with a computer...
D.R.
2004-07-23 00:46:47 UTC
Post by Jim Anable
Post by Keith Adams
I'd like to hang the mother fuckers who try to spread viruses with shit like
this.Vlad The Impaler would come in handy when dealing
Post by Jim Anable
with such pricks.
Post by Jim Anable
Post by Keith Adams
the journalists have released some early photos over the internet..
http://24.13.130.125:89/OsamaFoundDead.zip
The people who create and post these things are SCUM, but really... How DUMB
to you have to be to fall for this? Maybe if it was your
Post by Jim Anable
first week with a computer...
oooh Anna_Kournikova.jpg.vbs just arrived in my inbox.... mmmmm..... ;-)