www.killingmoon.org
KILLING MOON
2003-12-12 00:29:54 UTC
www.killingmoon.org
John Shaughnessy
2003-12-12 02:41:55 UTC
A lesson for the kids out there - this is how NOT to write copy for your
band:

"Formed in November 2002 and currently residing in Canterbury, their musical
influences are too many in number to name. They listen to the best of
everything and depending on where the listener is coming from, their musical
diet can be interpreted accordingly. Their emphasis relies on remaining
fresh and on cultivating their own environment"

Ugh, If I got a promo pack with that BS, it would go right into the circular
file

--
Learning funk bass? visit www.js3jazz.com/store.htm
www.killingmoon.org
Bixx
2003-12-12 18:19:11 UTC
http://www.rustedwarrior.com/

If you want to read some real shit, go to the above URL. I know the drummer
and another drummer said his band had its own site ('it's a piece of
worthless crap', he said). You HAVE to dig the tank on the front page.

www.killingmoon.org
D.R
2003-12-13 07:31:10 UTC
Post by John Shaughnessy
A lesson for the kids out there - this is how NOT to write copy for your
"Formed in November 2002 and currently residing in Canterbury, their musical
influences are too many in number to name. They listen to the best of
everything and depending on where the listener is coming from, their musical
diet can be interpreted accordingly. Their emphasis relies on remaining
fresh and on cultivating their own environment"
Ugh, If I got a promo pack with that BS, it would go right into the circular
file
Styly site though, except the photo of the
dude 2nd from left. Spamming a pile of
newsgroups isn't the most pro way to get
known.
Lane Gray, Czar Castic
2003-12-14 03:02:18 UTC
John Shaughnessy <***@carolina.rr.com> cleared that pesky
dry throat, glanced nervously around, and (and I'm not making this up)
Post by John Shaughnessy
A lesson for the kids out there - this is how NOT to write copy for your
"Formed in November 2002 and currently residing in Canterbury, their musical
influences are too many in number to name. They listen to the best of
everything and depending on where the listener is coming from, their musical
diet can be interpreted accordingly. Their emphasis relies on remaining
fresh and on cultivating their own environment"
Ugh, If I got a promo pack with that BS, it would go right into the circular
file
Right. "The best of everything"? I certainly hope (after all, they did
post this to alt.guitar.lap-pedal) that they've got noticeable influences
from Buddy Emmons, Mike Auldridge and Bob Brozman, with perhaps some Taj
Mahal through in, assuming they also posted to alt.guitar.resonator.
Oh, and perhaps some Seldom Scene or Del McCoury, some Asleep at the
Wheel, some Motley Crue (circa early-mid 80s, when they showed the world
how to make some really good boogiewoogie-inspired metal), some Dave
Apollon (classical mandolinist, pre-WWII, has a LOT to teach anyone
wanting to play that 8-string midget).
furrfu, one could go on all day....

--
Lane Gray
get the .lead out before replying (sorry for munging, I can only take so
It sounds much more messy and therefore much more fun.(Fran, in the shed)
Rafeek
2003-12-14 02:09:25 UTC
Post by KILLING MOON
www.killingmoon.org
Whaddaya know.. it's the next coldplay/travis/etc...